Saturday 4 August 2012

Day 101 The Olympics - Team GB by BG

Wow, what an amazing day I have just had.  I was chosen to be a Camelot Ambassador at the Olympics yesterday and it was incredible from the minute I got on the train.  Easy journey to West Ham and a 20 minute walk to the Stadium.  Followed the crowd of very excited people from all over the world, everyone was friendly and even on the train people were talking to each other which is unheard of!

I was in the front row!  It was the most amazing experience ever!!!!!  I could feel the heat from the Olympic torch and the best athletes in the world were right before my eyes!

I left the children at home with Savannah and Craig, leaving the house at about 3pm to give myself a little time to soak in the atmosphere, from seeing the stadium in the building stages to actually coming to the events was mind blowing!  I was lucky enough to have a tour of the Stadium in 2010 when the building works were well underway and below are some of the photos I captured.































And now as I walked past over 60,000 plants, grasses, herbs and flowers from across the globe that stretch for at least half a mile between the Aquatics Centre and Olympic Stadium it is stunning.





After taking in the atmosphere, I met up with the rest of the six Camelot Ambassadors under the Orbit.  We divided up and headed for our seats!  I don't think any of us knew what was in store for us as we entered the stadium.  We were shown to our seats, right on the track line!  It was like winning the Lottery!















































































These little remote control Mini's carried the discus back home!  




Night view of the Orbit




This was a day that I will never forget... an experience of a lifetime....

The National Lottery contributed almost 2.2 billion towards London 2012 and it does make you proud to be British!  Thank you Camelot for sending me to the Games!

No comments:

Post a Comment