Sunday 15 July 2012

Day 97 - Do not get into Brown Bin if full of Apple Tree!

Didn't quite know what to do with myself so telephone Nigel for a little help deciding...

My choices were

1.Wax Legs

2. Clear front driveway as diseased apple tree now successfully cut down (one woman on a two man saw was quite sad but was rescued by Craig, he really was a great help, he even jumped in the brown bin to make more space for rubbish and couldn't get out, he was jammed in the bin with a large bit of apple tree in a rather uncompromising position... I was close to calling the fire brigade but was laughing too much to dial!  In the end we tipped him over in the mud so we could prize him out - it took a good 20 minutes..... that's brilliant laughter therapy for me and Savannah but I think it put years on Craig - he was really stuck... no kidding!

3. Go and see Nigel on the boat - he has come down 700 or more locks to see me.. bless him.

4. Housework (house looks like bomb has hit it - twice)

5. Exercise - walking etc. (need to get back into the swing of it after being so poorly last week).

I had so much to do on my list that I had to just choose from the top five!

Nigel suggested the following....

Come to the boat, we can go for a walk, he can wax my legs as he has got quite good at it cause he just did his!  Front, back, side and Crack!!!!  I was quite surprised that he could manage this task on his own, never being that brave to so much as tackle my eyebrows.... I was quite intrigued as to how he would manage "Back and Crack" on his own... "Oh", he exclaimed in his broad Yorkshire tone "that, I did by accident when I sat on some fly paper".

It was a good plan (except the waxing bit), so I walked to Nigel and we went around the aquadrome, stopping at a lovely local pub for a pint and had a bite for lunch - then I collected kids from school and took them back to see Nigel to have another little cruise on the boat.  He kept the kids overnight... joy oh joy.... I sped off at 100mph home.

Following morning....

I walked to Rickmansworth Aquadrome and down along the Canal to meet up with Nigel and the Kids (5 odd miles).  They had a fun packed day fishing for Crayfish with old bits of forgotten ham and a tin of Cat Food and swinging about on a make shift swing that hung over a massive expanse of thick mud and trees.

My children turned ferrell overnight as they swung like wild animals through the trees!  A little lad called Byron aged 9 showed us how it was done - he had no fear and Craig spent a good hour trying to knock him down like a skittle with no joy! (Risk assessing along the way of course).

Cassidy with her life jacket that acting like a bullet proof jacket protecting her from the onslaught of branches and trees that we came hurtling towards her - you know the feeling when, as a Mother, your legs go all weak from nerves when your kids do wild things... well, I actually had to walk away so as not to spoil their fun.

We fed an army of Canadian Geese, cooked up a massive stew which was just amazing and played a few hands of cards using Twiglets and Chedders as 'chips'.

Had a lovely visit from Mum and Dad and guess what.... I sit on the computer now at home for the first time in almost two years and I AM ON MY OWN... lovely hot bath, little read of "50" and to bed... it is peaceful and quiet. Nigel just posted on Facebook where you comment on "what's on your mind"... He has put "Birth Control" under the picture of Cassidy!  lol....






1 comment:

  1. Nigel Heseltine commented on your link.
    Nigel wrote: "I thought the 700 locks hard work but two kids for the weekend Im knackered x good fun x"

    ReplyDelete