Saturday 21 July 2012

Day 99 - Rosie & Jim on the Titanic

I seem to be with only one small child tonight!

How strange, the house is kind of eerie... it is so quiet I don't know what to do with myself!  I have even had time to have my nails painted today with a voucher my brother gave me for my Birthday in February!!!


Luke has been with Nigel on the boat for a few days turning feral and manning a few locks along the way and we took Savannah over to Ruth's, loaded up the car and they all left me for their holiday in America....

It was like a scene from the Titanic watching Craig and Savannah saying goodbye to each other along with Abbie and her boyfriend Dan, you would think that the pair of them were going forever, there was mascara everywhere.  Love letters with lipstick kisses were exchanged and mobile phones fully charged and that was just me and Ruth!!!

They are now flying at 563 miles an hour and just above Canada (9.30pm).  Just spoke to Scott and Mom on the phone who are in their fancy hotel waiting to collect Savannah from the airport whilst I am at home cleaning out cat litter and hoovering!  Craig just can't take it anymore and has gone to drown his sorrows at the pub, he is like a lost puppy!

After dropping off Savannah at Ruth's, Craig, Cassidy and I went to meet Luke and Nigel on the boat, they had travelled up towards Kings Langley and had moored up in a beautiful picturesque area.  Nigel set up the BBQ and we ate burgers and drank Cider.  Cassidy threw the end of her burger to a duck which Nigel was not too impressed with... he shouted in his Yorkshire lilt "OYE, there are people starving in Barnsley!"

He told us the story of when he was little and a boy scout his Mum was taking him to camp in the car.  On pulling up to a junction she asked him if there were any cars coming... "No Mum" he replied, so she pulled out...... "Only a bus" and she smashed straight into it!!!!



I bought Nigel a little doll to keep on his boat of Rosie from Rosie & Jim (the little puppets from the canal story I used to watch with Savannah).  Apparently in Hebden Bridge they only have Rosie & Rosie or Jim & Jim being one of the gay capitals of the country (apparently).

Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet
Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat"
Vet: "Is it a tom?"
Yorkshireman: "Nay, I've browt it with us"

A Yorkshireman's dog dies and as it was a favourite pet he decides to have a gold statue made by a jeweller to remember the dog by. 

Yorkshireman: "Can tha mek us a gold statue of yon dog?" 
Jeweller: "Do you want it 18 carat?" 
Yorkshireman: "No I want it chewin' a bone yer daft bugger!" 



Bloke from Barnsley with a sore arsehole asks chemist "Nah then lad, does tha sell arse cream?" 

Chemist replies "Aye, Magnum or Cornetto?"





No comments:

Post a Comment