Friday 14 September 2012

Blog 107 - Bag big enough to sleep in!

Holy Cow..... When my bag arrived that I purchased on line, I thought "hummm, that looks rather large, but it will have to do". I placed it on top the drawers in the office to make it easier for packing and when I lifted it down, full, it was MASSIVE!!!! After all my packing I could still have doubled it up as a sleeping bag..... it was so so big that I was looking for extra things to take with me, even Cassidy could have slipped in....

Monika has made me leave my house at home!!!

It was ridiculous and a great source of amusement for Monika who wet herself from laughing.. it was pretty lucky that we were packing on the landing and very close to the toilet!  For some reason, I didn't think that it was terribly funny.... I was a little panicked.... today I was supposed to have gone and done all the last minute things as we are out tomorrow on a Tour of the Harry Potter Studio.. However, Cassidy is poorly and I stayed home nursing her all day - so the extra issue of Mr Massive Bag, was a little too much to handle.  Monika said it is like a portable wardrobe....

Emergency trip to Watford at 7pm in search of smaller bag that would not look like I was emigrating to China but just going to 9 days.  Monika took me in hand and we went to the sports shop and spent even more money on a much more suitable "bag on wheels" for the job!

It is TINY TINY in comparison and everything fits!
Purchasing some Imodium Plus and swallowing a couple before leaving Tesco due to a serious bout of the "collie wobbles", some more Tena Lady (you can never have enough) and a trolley full of food for the kids,  home we went to re-pack!  I have even managed to include my one thing "for comfort"... Cassidy's blanket, it is my one and only comfort thing that I need! On asking Monika, what one thing she would take as a special item, she said, "definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, 100% first on my list for my comfort, would be 12 bags of Pork Scratchings and for emergency I would take a bag bigger than yours with dried squid that I would order from Amazon - not much else is needed really! Bob is your cousin"....  
I think it would be like taking "ice to Eskimo's
Just want to say a special thank you to Ruth, for all the long long long walks!!! Monika for keeping me calm and making me laugh, Judith for her help with packing and Jane, who helped me with one of the most difficult things that I have had to do in a very long time.... xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment