Saturday 6 October 2012

Blog 117 Meditating on The Great Wall of Tod!

I laughed again today with the company of Jane as we were clearing out Cassidy's cupboard in her room!  

It was Jane's idea, "get loads of bin bags, strong ones, paint that unit in Luke's room so we can use it as storage, and we will spring clean her room..... well, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth (not that I am calling you a horse Jane)...  So I jumped at her offer.  


Painted said units, purchased large strong bin bags and along came Friday morning when Jane arrived bright and early with home made fruit loaf that was really yummy (She is the bestest of friends ever).  Tea and cake later we tackled Cassidy's room.


What made us laugh out loud? Well, firstly, I came across another massive collection of self help, be a better loving person, keep calm and meditate, box of books that belong to Todd (my ex husband - well figuratively speaking anyway).

One of the many books we came across was still in it's plastic cover, never been opened,  brand spanking new, called "Do it Now! Break the procrastination habit", another on "How to socialize with the Swiss" (Jane asked if he knew any Swiss people?!!! not to my knowledge...) and the one that made us laugh so much that even Jane needed a Tenna Lady was "How to Pay off your mortgage in two years" (It was 18 years old)... Oh, the list was endless, it was difficult to fathom - all these books on how to make yourself a better person, how to communicate and how to love and be loved, boxes and boxes and boxes of them..... all crap, obviously!!!

Oh... and then Nigel called and told me he had just sailed past a wall that I might be interested in.  "The Great Wall of Tod" I won't be climbing that one again in a hurry! but it did make us laugh hysterically!  I think I should start thinking about shares in Boots!

Bless him, I do miss him - I put it down to all the books I have been reading!
The "Great Wall of Tod"

The "Great Wall of Tod"
Apparently known as "The Great Wall of Tod", this huge brick retaining wall supports the railway as it enters Todmorden from Lancashire.

No comments:

Post a Comment