Wednesday 29 February 2012

Day 4


DAY 4:  11st (even after the curry last night... wow) Sunday 27th February 2012

Woke up very early to finish off my entry in Dave’s journal.  Unfinished business, I realised that I played the “Mother” role and needed to explain why.  Dave is very special to me, he is my inspiration, my mentor and one of my very best friends and I needed to make sure that this was clearly written in his book (even though he knows this already).

By 9am Dave had to leave, dropped him off at the station in my PJ’s and headed home to get showered and dressed.  Checked out the painting from the night before and it was still as wet as it was when first created.. this one will take about a week to dry the amount of Acrylic paint we used!

Little visit from my friend Shelley, which is always a pleasure and ordered Cassidy to get dressed...... IDEA.... “Come on Cass, let’s walk to Nana’s and Pa’s house”.

Cassidy on her bike and me in my little trainers and off we set.  I purchased a couple of bottles of water mainly to hold as weights along the way (are you impressed) and I marched and marched.  Up the hills of St George 5th Avenue and down the other side, from Pinner to North Harrow, door to door 2 ½ miles!!! This is further than I have walked since the Outback of Darwin, Australia.

(Since found out that too many people saw me... one commented “had my car broken down”, other comment was... “that can’t be Beth” followed by “How Strange!” )

We did stop, to say hello to the cows at Halls Farm.... we also stopped a few times to lighten up my weights with the odd swig.  Other than that, my six year old daughter and I made it without damage.

On arrival, I made us both scrambled egg and beans on toast (see Sarah I do listen to you), noshed it down and Dad took us back home.... well, didn’t want to over do it and Cassidy’s bum was quite sore!
Back home and I designed and painted my next masterpiece that I am going to put into the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts in March.  Dave and I are entering four art works as a joint venture giving us a better chance of acceptance.  Prices per painting will be anything from £2,000 upwards.  However, the masterpiece of the Red Bask I think I may try and sell at my dentist surgery, it isn’t that good!!!!

Right, off to make my children some healthy kind of dinner...... I don’t want to admit this but I am loving life.


No comments:

Post a Comment