Wednesday 29 February 2012

Day 5


DAY 5 – 11st 2lbs..... arhh, now that must be the curry from the other night! (plus a little chocolate may be)

Today, walked Cassidy to school to meet my friend who was going to walk with me this morning, she was a little poorly so we just did a short circuit around the school and headed home. Drove to Rachel’s and made her take me to play a little tennis... A sport that I really love but have only played once in 20 years.  It was fun, loads of fun, I huffed and puffed as she tapped the ball gently over the net, at my feet my I add, bless her.. quite out of character.

We had a cuppa in the sports house hut thingy and I chatted to a few of the residents.  Managed to wangle a few free passes to play again with Rachel on Mondays and also spoke to a very incredible lady who was 70 and had just returned from her hike up Machu Picchu and then proceeded to show me a video of her skiing on the black slopes in Switzerland!  She was some wonder woman who’s job was “Hiking Leader” and she proceeded to give me some excellent tips.  “What the F... am I doing clearly came to mind with the beetroot red face, sore hip and blistered hand from a 15 minute warm up on the court!!!

Evening: Worked from 5 – 11pm: Completed and posted my application form for the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment