Tuesday 5 June 2012

Day 84 - Raffle Winners & Food Critic




Sunday’s event was fantastic, it was a great day and everyone was so generous that it literally took my breathe away.

From first thing in the morning when Hannah, Charissa, Savannah and (he who cannot be mentioned but I think I might – Craig) were up and helping me, loading the car, folding raffle tickets, helping me get organised and being totally fantastic, we bundled into the cars and headed for The Pinner Arms…. We set up the raffle, the Tombola and So Very Crafty and all looked fantastic.  The band arrived and the punters flooded in.  From the minute people started to arrive, my posse of teenagers set about selling tickets and collecting copious amounts of money.  They were brilliant and the punters were more generous than I could ever have imagined and the afternoon was fantastic fun.

The Raffle was drawn at 6pm and the winners were as follows:

Congratulations to you all J

1st Prize            ipad Version 3                            Deepa Modeshia – West Lodge 
2nd Prize            X-Box Kinnect & Game               J. Wilson, Barrow Point Ave
3rd Prize            Kindle                                       Mr James Packard - Charity Event – Sunday 
4th Prize            M & S Hamper                           J. Pritchard - Camelot Avalon House
5th Prize            DAB Radio                                A. Lawford – West Lodge Parent
6th Prize            Sandwich Maker                        Jessica S. –  Charity Event – Sunday 
7th Prize            Chocolate Basket                      Roger Lowe - Camelot

I would also like to thank Mandy H for all her help too – this woman is amazing (and is Mother of “he who has now been mentioned”)….

Ticket sales for the Luxury Holiday Accommodation also went very well and are still on sale if anyone would like to purchase any just let me know.

The night before, my teenagers & I went on a pub crawl around Pinner to collect more money from Raffle sales – took me back to the good old days and I possibly had a little too much to drink!

In the mist of this, my Mum and Dad took me out for Lunch seeing as I was child free.  We went to Carluccios in Pinner that has just opened.  In my Dad’s inimitable fashion he pretended to be a food critic and when the waiter asked him his opinion from 1 – 10 on the service and food, he was indeed in his element. “Hmmm” stroking his chin, “overall it was good, however the BACON in the Carbonara was a little crispy and the spaghetti was slightly undercooked, the cream was a good consistency, 7 out of 10, however, the dessert was the best I have ever tasted so your ratings were higher in this regard “ The waiter, on realising that Dad was a Critic, turned a slight shade of purple (not Gray) and asked what paper he worked for… “The Jewish Chronicle” Dad replied… I fell off my chair… 

This kind of reminded me of when my parents were at a party and Dad pretended to be a brain surgeon.... "Where does your Husband practice" one of the guests asked my Mum... "Oh", she said, slightly caught off guard, "he doesn't have to practice, he knows exactly what he is doing!"

If you are visiting Carluccios... head for:


Miranga Con Panna Al Frutto Della Passione

 Raspberry meringue with passionfruit cream and fresh summer fruit.... to die for!!!

However, if going for the Carbonara, watch out for the bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment