Sunday 10 June 2012

Day 87 - Too Embarrassing for Words!



Walked to Pinner to get the snake's dinner yesterday.... you know when the teenagers talk about "the embarrassing moment when......" well, it was raining, really raining, raining through my waterproof jacket and I looked a little like a drowned rat... however, I thought I would visit the St Luke's Charity Shop which is, for me, like the kids River Island or Top Shop, I seem to frequent this particular branch quite regularly and I am very proud of some of my acquisitions.

So, dripping wet, I thought that I just wanted to pop on a dry top.  Searching through the racks of second hand gear, I come across a very trendy looking Abercrombie & Fitch checked shirt along with a denim waistcoat that I thought may look hot!  So, I peeled off my T-shirt, ignoring the fact that my bra was also damp (I do draw the line at Charity Underwear... most of the time Ruth!!!) and slipped into my new designer outfit.  I smoothed my dripping wet hair from my eyes, looked out the window and saw the sun was shinning.... typical.


So, now standing in the queue at the Post Office, feeling a little more human and even a little 'with it', I am hoping that the parcel that Mother-in-Law has sent from America has arrived!  

Whilst in the queue, I notice quite a good looking man behind me, he was grinning with a kind of "your cute" look about him (at least that is what I thought it was as I haven't seen one of those looks in a while).  I smile nonchalantly back at him with my best kinda "Hi, i'm Bethany and I'm single" pout, then he speaks.. his voice is deep and husky, like you would imagine Christian's to be and he says "do you know you still have the price label on your shirt?"...................................

Now, if the said label was River Island or the original Abercrombie, then this wouldn't have been quite so bad but
"£1.75 St Luke's Hospice" in bold with "gift aided" in smaller letters underneath was one of those embarrassing moments when ............. I yanked at the label so hard that I cut my finger on the plastic thingy, shoved it in my back pocket and must have turned 50 Shades of Pink!!!

What I should have done, was write my phone number of the back of it and given it to him but I kind of lost my train of thought and darted out of the post office in shame!

So, today, with the coaching of Craig, we both ran up and down the stairs 40 times!  Two flights up, two flights down! NOW I HAVE A BIG HEADACHE AND NEED TO GO TO BED. SYNDOL & SLEEP... light on computer too bright... eyes must close.. night xxx



  

1 comment:

  1. Hannah Ashleigh Beth, Beth, Beth... Why am I not surprised at your little embarrassment. Tis a very Beth thing to do :p we will now call these happenings 'A Beth'. For example if I do something embarrassing I will say "oops! I have done a Beth!" Xxx
    2 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

    ReplyDelete