Wednesday 2 May 2012

Day 68 - I found my knickers!

Now... the cake box is empty and I had to tackle Savannah to the floor so that she wouldn't read out the calories for each slice... I actually tried to eat the box too so that I wouldn't find out!

Good News

I found my Wonder Woman knickers today - these are very special to me, I actually think they had a small part in saving my life.  Now, I know that sounds a bit ridiculous but last year I had a pretty big Operation, I had a rough time of it and the final result was a Hysterectomy.

I was gutted (excuse the pun) and petrified, and I remember the lead up to the operation very well.  Ruth drove me into Spires and I was shown to my room, all very posh.

Talk about an amazing friend, she was incredible (I am so lucky to have such great people in my life).  She had a little present for me and it was the pair of Wonder Women knickers that I found today.  I put them on my head just before my Consultant came into the room to give me the brief (another pun lol) of events that I was about to undertake.  We had a giggle, (hence new knickers!) wondering if he would say anything about my new "head" attire.  He said nothing, he looked at me, then back to Ruth, took the price tag with the Wonder Woman logo and attached it to the front page of my notes.

From them on.. I was known as Wonder Woman and knew that this operation was going to be a total success and I would pull through, spin around and indeed, become Wonder Woman.

My Consultant, Mr Sheridan was very matter-of-fact kind of man, with quite a dry sense of humor and very little bedside manner, if any.  I asked him if he would mind giving me a tummy tuck whist I am knocked out which is no less that I deserved after my past ordeals. With a wry smile his reply was "I could, but then it will just make the rest of you look fat"... I got him back... he was just about to examine me yet again, I felt like I was having some kind of romantic relationship with him.  I just felt it necessary as he put on his rubber gloves to say "arn't you going to kiss me first?"

Ruth stayed the whole time I was there being sliced open and when I came around, she had my knickers all save and sound.. I think they were on her head but I may have been hallucinating with all the drugs I was on!

Outcome is that I am now fitter than I have ever been, pain free and even without the tummy tuck the knickers don't look that bad on! And now, against all the odds I am going to Walk the Great Wall of China where the flat level sections of the challenge are restricted to the first and last 10 minutes of each day, at all the other times it will be either going up hill or down hill.  It is often very steep and most of the trekking will be ascending and descending flights of very uneven and irregular steps.  There are some scrambling sections on the ascent onto the wall and the descent from it, it will consist of walking on rough, uneven ground at very steep gradients - this is something that I would NEVER have thought possible for me to do - still a massive challenge but I am determined not to be beaten.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT
 XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment