Thursday 17 May 2012

Day 75 - VERY RUDE BOOK!!!!!



Well, there is a very good explanation as to why I haven't written my blog.  I was hauled over to Tesco by Dahlia in order to purchase a new book that is apparently sweeping the Nation of Women Only.  She has a copy but insisted I buy my own and only when I started reading did I discover the reason why!  OMG, it is a very RUDE book!!!

I have a rather diverse number of books on the go at the moment, "Hunger Games" which is a pretty dark vision of the near future where twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live TV show.  There is only one rule: Kill or be Killed!  My next book is "Call the Midwife" (did you see the series?  I loved it), it is based on a true story by Jennifer Worth about the East End in the 1950's, where babies were born in slum conditions, often with no running water and quite disturbing events unfold.  Then the third book, and the latest purchase... well, I never, this is called "Fifty Shades of Grey", I do believe it should be called "Fifty Shades of Blush Pink" but who am I to judge.... it is the first book that I snatched off Luke quicker than lightening when he attempted to read the synopsis!!  However, it is strangely addictive and a sight more interesting than recording my daily events (well, the events that I feel able to record anyway...lol).


So, to wrap that up, it is clear that I am the sort of person who not only is too busy to read a book but one that can survive in the forest under attack, help women give birth under difficult circumstances and have sex all at the same time... Now, that is impressive huh!

Due to being massively busy, I have only managed a few chapters whilst Cassidy reads her guided reading book (it does feel slightly wrong) and in between catching up on So Very Crafty orders and preparing for the weekend at Rickmansworth Festival and working at Camelot and doing the housework, cooking, washing and cleaning and organizing kids and extra kids that I seem to have and obviously TRAINING!!!! - these books may take a while to get through!


Please come down and see me at the Festival, it is an amazing day out for all the family with live bands and over 50 amazing stall holders with items that are not on the High Street.  I have a bright pink Gazebo so you can't miss me and will have an array of wind chimes hanging from it so you will be able to hear me too!  It would be great to see you and to have a little company as I will be there all day this Saturday and Sunday - you can bring Cake if you really love me xxx

However, in the midst of all this, Luke and I have been on several walks totally so far about 14 miles!  I have a walking buddy and I am thoroughly enjoying his company.


No comments:

Post a Comment