Friday 4 May 2012

Day 69 - Singing in the Rain


75 years on and what a treat.  I took Cassidy to see Singing in the Rain at the Palace Theatre last night.  It was totally amazing and I had a blow by blow account of what was going to happen next as it is Cassidy's favorite movie of all time (all six years of them).

It was a mind blowing production that was rightly given a standing ovation, I just wish that I could have taken Savannah and Luke too.  The adaptation was out of this world and Gene, Donald and Debbie would have been so proud to have seen it.

Little comments during the show just melted my heart... like

"Mum, is that real rain?"  (The audience in the front were drenched as they were showered with "Singing in the Rain"

and

"How long do I have with this telescope before it runs out", (I feel old as I remember paying 2p for the binoculars when I was younger and now it costs £1.00).

and "this is better than the movie" and

"When is the policeman coming on, he should have been on stage by now because in the movie".. in the movie, in the movie, bla bla bla... she was like a movie critic, she couldn't take her eyes off the stage and I enjoyed every moment not only through my eyes but through hers too.


Cassidy slept with her programme last night and has taken it into school this morning for "Show and Tell", she also took with her the lyrics to "Moses Supposes" and has learnt them by heart already!


Check out this link.... short clip from the production.... guess how many times Cassidy has watched it already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOiIGUg6yLI&feature=email

Cassidy's Comments

On Thursday mummy and I went to the palace theatre  to see singing in the rain there were lots of decorations there. My favorite song was singing in the rain because he splashed in the rain that was falling from the ceiling and the front row had to were plastic coats over them because he splashed it all over them! and I am so lucky because mummy is going to take me to Matilda in London as well.




                                           









No comments:

Post a Comment