Monday 16 April 2012

Day 52 Thank You & Happy Birthday my Luke x



So, today comprised of planning for big event, Costco run and a trolley load of crisps and giant pretzels! Thanks Judith - for all your help and for keeping me sane when things got very stressful, I truly couldn't have got through it without your support.

Hannah, you were brilliant, my little helper who went above and beyond to help, Hannah thanks my love for getting the place looking so lovely with all the lights, taking all the money on the door, selling raffle tickets and being organised and in control... you are a treasure x

Massimo put on an amazing spread, all donated (including my very favourite custard tarts which I sneaked copious amounts of before anyone could see) ... Thanks Victor - you know we love you.

Check with Luis - Re: donation of all his sound equipment and speaker that is bigger than my car... Luis set up his disco lights, rolled the speaker into venue and made the place look totally amazing - apart from being eye-candy for all us, he did a blinding job and I can't thank him enough xxx

Ruth, spent most of her day making totally delicious baby cup cakes which were to die for, chocolate square things that were too yummy for words and a host of other nibbles.... Thank you my darling friend for everything you do, for being there for me 24/7 - you are a friend I never want to be without x

Gilly, well, Gilly made chicken things and fancy little sausages, trays of fresh dips and salads and an array of other dishes, she surpassed my dreams of culinary expertise!  Gilly you are fantastic and that you were there with me with your boys was very special to me x  Thank you.

Mandy... another rock in my life.... thank you for all your help, not only with the Tombola but for being an amazing sounding board and always there to lend a hand.  You are an incredible woman Mandy and someone that can be relied on come what may... I am blessed to have you as my friend and my Manager x

Savannah, you sang so beautifully and arranged all the DJ equipment and music with Max, it meant the world to me to have your support and to see you looking so beautiful and singing like an angel.  Hun, I am so proud of you, you make my life complete.  Thank you for being you x

Max - music was fantastic, it was great to see all my friends on the dance floor cheering when the next song came on - great choice of music, you read the audience brilliantly.. we were all very impressed x

Jess, Leah, Megan & Toby, apart from you looking beautiful/handsome, thank you for offering your services for the evening and being my waitresses/waiter and handing the food out so professionally.... you did me proud... x

Craig... you are amazing.. (so like your Mum)... I was listening to you selling tickets and couldn't help but smile at your charisma - young man, you are going a long way in life.... I thought this to myself many years ago when I saw you playing football with your brothers - it was a birthday party and I asked someone who you were because I couldn't get over how polite and charming you were at such a young age... Mandy, he is such a credit to you... x

Christa... thank you so much for face painting just about every child in the place and many of the adults.. I feel that you really made the night fun the kids loved loved loved you... Luke still has his kissing fish on his hand and Harry still proud of his lobster!!! You are so talented, cant wait to post all the photos to show off your beautiful work x

Slap & Tickle - thanks boys for a terrific evening, you were all fantastic, everyone commented on how much they loved you - you made the night and I can't thank you enough for donating all your time and energy - thank you again x

Jack, you have a fantastic voice, thank you for singing to us and taking the time to add something very special to the night x

Paula, thank you for selling so many tickets - and for being one of the most understanding people I know... I was quite bowled over by your compassion and it is something I will never forget x

Jane.... what can I say... you kept me sane for the last few months.. Holy Cow, what I have put you through!!! Thank you for sticking with me and being so supportive - I love you.

Now... I feel like I have written my own obituary but really felt it necessary to thank those special people who helped me make the evening such a success - I thought at first that it was a bit cheesy but then thought NO.... I want you to know how grateful I am and then didn't care how it came out!  There are many more of my friends who were there to help and many who were unable to come but I would like to thank you all for your kind donations and for being in my life.

You know, they say that having 5 friends in your life would make you a very lucky person... I had a whole room full last night and feel like the luckiest and richest woman alive.  Who needs to play the lottery - no money in the world could make me happier than having all my friends around me.  Thank you all so much for coming and supporting me... Hey, how about another event when I get home???

Photos to follow.







No comments:

Post a Comment