Tuesday 17 April 2012

Day 55 - I MADE DINNER!!!!




Raining... was going to go for a really really long hike today but the rain, oh the rain, such a shame, it will have to be coffee at Massimo's again I think to await the sun!  Even though I won a Camelot Umbrella on the Tombola!!!! Just what I need to remind me of work on a rainy day.. the thing is so big that I almost flew away on it in Pinner this morning.

Productive morning so far.... took back cheap hiking boots to Lidl - it was a good try but they were not too comfortable, I decided that the very expensive, all singing, all dancing water proof boots that I got from Cotswold Outdoors are just not for me.  After walking around the house in them for a few days the weight of them was too much on my knees, I felt like I was in moon boots and the moon is for another day!

So, I fished out my boots from 25 years ago when I trekked through the outback of Australia, and I am now wearing them to see how they feel.  They seem a bit big?  Do feet shrink as you get older?  I am wearing two pairs of bed socks - not sure they are the right thing but warm they are, and I like warm.

Yes, OK, it is a photo from the internet!!!
Oh, I have also made dinnner.... Spaghetti bolognese... this is my signature dish.  I was taught how to make this when I was about 14 and it is about the only thing that I can do from scratch.  Along with Rice Pudding which I was also shown how to make at school.  I remember making this for the family one evening.  They all sat around the table looking into their bowls a little reminiscent of the three bears... my Mum took a bite and said, mmmmmm, yum, like Mothers are supposed to do in these situations, my Dad said "it fills a hole" and my brother said "yes, one in the wall!!!" Thinking back, maybe loss of confidence is why I don't cook?

I called the kids down for lunch, "Come on Kids... lunch is ready".... "yes Mum, we know, we always know, cause the fire alarm is going".


Look right, I can't do everything can I? Something has to give and in this house, it is the cooking - if they want good food, they have to go to Ruth's or cook it themselves!!!


As far as I have learnt, the four food groups are, fast, frozen, instant and Chocolate.

Saw a few clips that made me smile today... thought you might like to see them!  Still raining - fire on and snuggling down for the night !

Chicken n Chips or Fish n Chips?



Playing with your baby!



Kept watching this over and over again
Looks like my first cat - Peta






No comments:

Post a Comment