Sunday 1 April 2012

Day 39 - My Camelot friends Olympic Run

Firstly, I would like to say a very big congratulations to my lovely friends from Camelot who did the Olympic Run, 5k around the track.  I am so proud of each and every one of them for this achievement, they all trained hard and it paid off.  Their names were picked out of a hat to take on the challenge and the big day was a great success.  Well done guys xxx

Jacs and Alison
  

Dahlia and Ryan
The National Lottery Olympic Park Run



A certain part of me wishes that I had taken place in the run, however, my excuse is that I need to conserve my energy and in the blurb there was a comment that said that every runner had to finish within two hours, so that we me out anyway.

Greg ran this in 33 minutes, how impressive is that.... he is now heading for the nearest bar to catch up on the lack of drinking he has done in the last five week whilst he has been training.

Today at home was quiet, I was up most of the night with Cassidy again, if I hadn't had knowledge of the effects of this bug I would have taken her to hospital!!  Poor lamb was so uncomfortable with her tummy all night.  She slept until Midday and woke feeling much better whilst I feel shattered... I did however catch a beautiful sun rise out of my bedroom window, it made me feel like life really is worth living.




This evening I popped over to Ruth to watch a movie called "The Help", I decided I was going to run round there in honour of my colleagues amazing efforts, managed to get to the end of the shops before giving up and walking the rest of the way.  



So a few of us settled down to a feast of loveliness that only Ruth can put on, to watch a very heart wrenching movie set during the Civil rights movement of the 1960's I think, it was about the African-American maid's point of view on the white families that they had worked for over the years and all the terrible hardships and degradation they went through.  We ended up in tears, me more so than others as one of my beautiful "friends" ate all the Maltesers without sharing them... in fact, the film was stopped half way through as my horror was too apparent and I just couldn't help but create a scene!!! However, the same friend has been very supportive and has sold lots of tickets for the 14th April so I kinda had to play it down a little... until she had gone, then I could really bitch about her.... just joking Paula, you know I love you really!!!!  Nice that you are finally reading my blog!

Walked home with many thoughts in my head....... Over the past few months my emotions have really been up and down, I have been lonely yet never alone - I recited one of my favourite quotes to myself ...

“When I let go of what I am,
I become what I might be.
When I let go of what I have,
I receive what I need.”



No comments:

Post a Comment