Sunday 22 April 2012

Day 60 - Me and Me Walking Boots Become ONE!



Arh... now....  I played tennis for well over an hour yesterday.  I went with my Dad to the Tennis shop in Northwood Hills and we bought me a new tennis racket - not that this will improve my game that much but it will improve it better than having no racket at all!

It was good, we went to Carpenters Park and had a few hits around, well, I was running around in a fashion whilst Dad hit balls back to me somewhat bored!  This reminded me of when I was little and we used to play quite regularly.  Dad used to be a tennis coach and a very good one at that and he was convinced that both Robin and I would be strong at the game.  He coached me within every inch of my life when I played in the final  at school - I won of course and he was very proud!

With Robin, the rallies would go somewhat like this.... Smash (Robin) Smash (Dad) Smash (Robin) Spin (Dad) Volley (Robin), Smash back (Dad) putt over to Beth, then INTO THE NET!


Robin turned up with young Jack (for old time sake I think) for a knock up with us and in 25 years nothing changed... it was the same.... Smash (Dad), Smash (Robin) putt over to Beth!!!  I worked up a bit of a sweat but forgot my sports bra so it wasn't so easy!


Ladies, here’s a hint. If you’re up against a girl with big boobs, bring her to the net and make her hit backhand volleys. That’s the hardest shot for the well-endowed.
Billie Jean King





TODAY HOWEVER!  11 MILES.... 



I went for a walk, a very long walk, a very very very long walk, the longest walk I have done in about 28 years!!!! Yep.... 11 miles, I walked from Pinner to Harefield, then to UXBRIDGE.... that is right, all along the canal with my friend Ruth H.  It was fantastic, however I am unable to take off my walking boots as I am too stiff and aching like never before and can't reach to get them off!  Therefore, I am at one with my boots.... forever.. I am stuck now in this chair, unable to move anymore than my finger tips... she has broken me!  I am now at the conclusion that this challenge is MASSIVE!  After the first two miles I kept saying "Ruth,are we there yet? are we there yet?"  I think I drove her completely crazy with my moaning and nagging that I think she was wishing she had taken her ipod with her!  











We stopped for a coffee in Uxbridge and after this ten minute break, I actually couldn't move, then it was gentle movements like a lady of 98, I had no choice as we spent our last pennies on coffee and had no money for the bus! Then gradually my legs started walking but I couldn't feel my feet... I still can't feel my feet................... I still can't take my boots off!


Thank you Ruth.... I think!




No comments:

Post a Comment