Saturday 31 March 2012

Day 38 - Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not the end.

This seemed like a really special day!

On the spur of the moment Ruth called to ask if I'd like to go to a movie with her that she has wanted to see in a very long time... I jumped at the chance.  When we arrived the cinema was full, no seats were available but that wasn't going to stop us.. we chatted up the Manager "Chris" in the Beth and Ruth inimitable fashion and managed to sneak in, he even hand delivered a bottle of water to us! See, we still have the charm.

This movie was waiting for Ruth and I to see together, it was incredible.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

It was a charming funny drama when a group of people in their "Golden Years" decide to relocate to a new hotel in Jaipur, India.  I could only sit and reminisce of the time that I had spent there, I laughed out loud at some of the innuendos and  the similarities of my stay.  The scenes with the tok tok's where they are in head on collision, the colours of the fruit, flowers and materials of the markets, the animals walking the streets and the complete mayhem around you, the first class coach and train travel, the children following you begging for pennies.  The assault on your senses, even in a cinema in Harrow, was so apparent, it was remarkable how it all flooded back to me.

When these Brits first arrive they are taken to their hotel and it was no surprise to me that it wasn't at all luxurious as they were promised, it wasn't even finished!

Again, I laughed out loud when Bill Nighty who plays one of the discontented couple of 40 years was taken to a different hotel in a tok tok as the driver insisted it was better..... When I was there I was also driven to a different hotel as my driver said that my hotel had burnt down! For a moment I believed him, all my worldly possessions were in that hotel, including my passport and ticket home!  Of course, this alternative hotel was owned by his father and he was given commission with every new holiday maker he took back there!

Each and every step of this film made me smile, I just didn't want it to end.  There were some beautiful quotes and some amazing photography following laugh out loud moments that are still making me smile now!  After the film, home to the children and Ruth and I made some French Onion Soup!  We did discuss Japati to keep with the theme but the overflow of Onions she had been given by her brother turned us to a French Cuisine - It was delicious with french toast croutons covered with cheese, a really perfect way to end a very lovely day - bundled up Cassidy and headed home.  Thank you Ruth xxx



Evelyn: Yes 
[It is builder's tea

Evelyn: , we dunk biscuits into it. 

Sunaina's Brother: Dunk? 

Evelyn: Means lowering the biscuit into the tea and letting it soak in there and trying to calculate the exact moment before the biscuit dissolves, when you whip it up into your mouth and enjoy the blissful union of biscuits and tea combined. It's more relaxing than it sounds. 

Eveyln is played by Dame Judi Dench





   



No comments:

Post a Comment