Sunday 4 March 2012

Day 11

Due to too much Cake, I have not weighed myself again today....

Up early, it was raining hard and I just couldn't sleep.  Thankfully, a quieter day than the previous days, 6 children over this afternoon for an Arts and Crafts lesson.

So, housework prevailed followed by mundane housey stuff that was long overdue.

Last week I handed out some invitations for a Craft session in aid of Marie Curie at £15 per head and had 6 kids with a dozen on the waiting list.  I just love it, I get so much pleasure in seeing the kids faces when I prove to them that they can draw, paint or be creative in some form or another.  Seeing their confidence rise and the expectations of themselves improve is what it is all about.  The work that these children produced was wonderful.  From canvas acrylic paintings to heart shaped jewellery boxes.  I started them off with a warm up on how to look at an image and translate that image onto the paper and they all concentrated and managed the task beautifully.

Cassidy: I had a wondiful time at the craft afternoon, it was grate and I want to do it again xxx


Little Lucy: I had the most wondifull time this aftenoon


Big Lucy: I had a nice aftenoon and that it was brilliant today and I want to come agen.


Harry:  That was fun, when can we do it again?


Caitlin: I really enjoyed myself, thank you Beth 


Rosie: Please can I come next time, it was really fun?


(If you have a child 5+ who would like to take part in one of these fun sessions, then either give me a ring or email me.  All proceeds go to Marie Curie Cancer Fund).


and


Thank you Les for giving Luke his very first electric guitar lesson - he was buzzing!

Wild a Heart on TV and now off to bed for a well deserved "early night"

PS... no exercise today, thought I would give my body a rest... just ate chocolate and cake instead... ops





2 comments:

  1. I don't know what's happening in our schools these days, but these children's command of basic spelling constructs is quite appauling.

    ReplyDelete