Monday 12 March 2012

Day 19 - Zumba with Monika

I have decided that I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I am doing!

9am

Oh my dear... if you have never done Zumba before, you need to try it... with Monika.. it was the funniest 20 minutes of my life.  Firstly, toilet of course, then on with the track suit of 17 years.  Monika appears, tall, blonde, beautiful in her trendy black fitness trousers and bright yellow sports top.

Wii goes on and off we go.  It wouldn't have been quite as funny if we weren't dancing on a rug! Every time I went left, she went right and every time she went left I went right, with may I add, the rug slipping and sliding under our feet that at one point we collided and fell on top of each other in a heap - even though both of us had been to the loo before we started.... we were both concerned!!! It was HYSTERICAL!  She has very long arms and was flailing them around like some kind of .... yes, I know..... squid!!!

We were planning to go on a long walk in the hills of Aylesbury but I had two poorly children at home so we made do with Zumba on the Wii and boy Wii we did!

We ventured out to Morrisons after to shop for flowers and whilst I then tended "my" garden (didn't want Ruth to show me up), Monika sunbathed... it was a glorious day and she actually sat still for about 30 seconds in the sun - I did take a few moments of my own to soak up some of the vitamin D, with that and the sound of the birds singing, all seemed well in the world.

Work next, from 5 - 11pm, a quiet night, managed to get the invitations printed for the 14th April (Thanks to Gregg & she who wont be named), so they are officially on sale now - email me if you would like to come!

Secured another fantastic raffle prize of an ipad - the brand new one that is just about to be released.... the prizes are fantastic so must get on with ordering the raffle tickets - will let you know when they are ready to go on sale.

Quote of the day:  If it weren't for the fact that the TV set and the fridge are so far apart, some of us wouldn't get any exercise at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment