Thursday 29 March 2012

Day 36 - Cake Strike

I was thinking about the Petrol Strike today, I had to get to Glaxo to do a show and truly had about a thimble full of Diesel in the tank..  With Cassidy poorly and Savannah due to go to College I was adamant that I would fill up around the corner in double quick time.  The queues were horrendous, it was amuzing that people were queuing up at my petrol station as it is 0.03p cheaper than most.  They were using more petrol than that just waiting in line, the whole road was blocked... I nipped around the back with the pretense of getting a car wash, drove up and around and backed into an empty slot, just like that...waited to see if anyone was going to pick a fight with me, all calm in Pinner, chucked in £50 and drove home, all good.

I then had a thought!  What if there was a CAKE strike, can you imagine the queue's coming out of Massimo?  They would be almost at my front door!!! I should really go and stockpile with cakes just in case.  I wonder if you can freeze them?  Do you think there is any danger is stockpiling Cake?  Except of course the eating it!  All those candles could cause a problem, especially if you have any Petrol!!!!

After a logistical nightmare of childcare, I managed to get to Glaxo just in time to set up.  It went brilliantly as usual, sold loads, including one of my new nightlights at which is always good as it is a new product that Les & I invented over Christmas.

Coloured Glass Night Light Boxes - Ballet Dancer
Rushed home for Cassidy and the poor lamb was sick for the first time in her life! Bless her, she really didn't know what was happening.. she coped very well but she was a sorry state... sleeping peacefully now so hope tomorrow will bring her a better day.

Today I decided that I was going to write a Children's Book, in fact a little series of books called "On our way to School", This has been inspired by  walking with Cassidy each morning and the little things that we do together along the way.  I worked out that I have been walking backwards and forwards to West Lodge School for the past 17 years so I have plenty of experience.  I hope to be able to write and publish this book within 2012, so watch this space!

I also thought I would share a few of the photos that I took last year in the Park with the kids, every time I see these photos they make me smile so I wanted to share them with you!  Enjoy.


Watch me Mummy! I can balance

I can be Peppa Pig

I do like muddy puddles!

Muuuuummmmm my welly.....



No comments:

Post a Comment