Friday 9 March 2012

Day 16 - Progress

Wow, what a day as far as progress is concerned.

This morning I was all dressed and ready for the gym, Cassidy was too sleepy to walk to school and we were running late so against my better judgement, I drove.  Mandy texted me... Coffee? hum, coffee, gym, coffee, gym, coffee gym??...... we met in Massimo for a catch up and a coffee.  Mandy is fantastic, together we could raise zillions of pounds for charity and we really should work together some day.  We threw some ideas around and had cake, in fact, we had two and shared them.....  I met Raj, a very charming man in Massimo and told him that I am taking on the Great Wall of China, I asked him if he would sponsor me and came out with a promise of £100! Fantastic.  Mandy, who is a marvel with raffle tickets and distribution said that she would help.. thanks hun x

Booked a lady called Catherine to visit West Lodge school on the 23rd of April to chat to the children about Marie Curie and all about the Great Walk.  This is so that we can get the kids interested and to have a mufti day where the children can come in wearing something yellow and pay £1 for the privilege.  I am also hoping to get the raffle tickets in every kids book bag!

Also sorted today was some POS (point of sale) from Marie Curie so that I can spread the word and put up  balloons, posters and aid boxes to bring in the cash and to make the hall look pretty with daffodils etc., on the night.

Today comprised of Dentist, Show at St Josephs (took £35 in sponsorship) and Doctor.  Had blood pressure taken and it was almost perfect.  Rachel had said that I may suffer from what is commonly known as "White Coat" (basically fear of people in white coats which raises your blood pressure)  I didn't believe it really but when the nurse, who was in a very pretty pink shirt took my blood pressure and it was fine, I began to think she may be right.

Tonight with the help of my 12 year old, and Judith (who thought she understood what Luke was doing but really she didn't have a clue!) we designed the invitations for the 14th April.

FRONT

This is just a draft of the invitation, I have yet to confirm the band, they are great and I have everything crossed that they will be with us Free of Charge!!!.... It will be a really great night so I hope you will be able to join me.  I also need to confirm the DJ and the Open Mike, so it may very well just be ME AND YOU!!!  What fun ..... you know I will book them, never fear!

Invitations will be on sale Tuesday 13th March, please call if you would like any reserved.

All proceeds will be going directly to Marie Curie.

Bethany 07795 652192

BACK



TOMORROW I PROMISE I WILL EXERCISE, I  GOT A LONG LONG WAY TO WALK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment