Thursday 8 March 2012

Day 15 - Cake Cake Cake

Hmmmm, yesterday was more like a week, sad, really sad for the children, Luke was the worst as he is a very sensitive soul, Cassidy went totally quiet (very rare) and Savannah was just "sad" like me.

I was out at Ask in Watford celebrating Maleena's Birthday when Savannah text me, I was just about to order Cake.  Luke cried bitterly down the phone and told me there was no need to come home, at least I think that is what he was bravely saying in between howls.  So, totted off back to the car to tend to my sad children.

Morning came and I knew their would be a play for "no school."  I have got tough in my old age and my friend (who doesn't want to be mentioned in my blog) always encourages to stay strong and makes me see that my kids can fool me rotten, I did get all three off to school on time to make her proud.

Had a great day at work really, little bit of training which was different and a few emails flew around the office in search of raffle prizes.  So far I have:

A Kindle
Hamper from M & S
Champayne
Play Station or X Box (value of £250 I do believe)

From other sources I have achieved

A bouquet flowers
Hamper or similar from Waitrose
Free Canapes from Massimo (yum) for the party

I have asked Pizza Express if they will give us a load of free Pizza but haven't heard back yet

I have booked the venue, Pinner Arms, booked the bouncers on the door and even arranged another date in June for the Golden Jubilee on June 3rd between 4 - 6pm - family event with live band - this is where the raffle will be held.

I also spoke to the lovely Head Mistress, Mrs James at West Lodge School (Cassidy's school) and she has agreed to hold a Mufti Day where the kids can go in wearing something yellow for Marie Curie.  I am hoping to arrange for a team to go into the school to chat to the children about the Walk and about the good that Marie Curie do for Cancer sufferers.

I have asked both Nat West and Barclays Bank if they would be willing to match fund any money that I raise.

All I need to do now, is to locate a band that would play for free, a DJ, print the tickets, arrange the raffle tickets and sell them ALL... easy as pie!!! (actually, not sure where that saying comes from cause I can't cook pie for toffee - come to think of it I couldn't make toffee either).... that could go on all night so I will stop rambling.

Out again tonight for other friends birthday, Gilly.  Now Gilly is a very special friend of mine, she is one of those amazing people who you would pray will be in your life forever.  She has two fantastic sons, one of which she has literally fought for his life on more than one occasion.

I will never forget when I had Luke on the 14th April 1999 and Gilly came over with home made Jam, home made bread and a massive dish of home made lasagna.  When you have just had a baby and looking after a four year old, meals on wheels is a total godsend, especially when on your own (that's another story)!  However, talk about putting your own problems aside,  Gilly's youngest, Toby. was suffering with Cancer and awaiting a life saving operation and this amazing woman, still had time to visit me and bring me goodies.  This is something that I will never ever forget her doing.  She has been through hell and back this lady and she has now found happiness with a fantastic man who loves every bone in her body and it is a pleasure to see her smile and laugh with me whilst we shared antics over a bottle of wine.

I had a very healthy salad so don't think that I am not trying, obviously, it was followed by Toffee Pudding and lashings of custard but a girl must keep her strength up!!!

Lovely evening Gill - you are an inspiration and I love you dearly.  I am looking forward to the first signed copy of your book.

Tomorrow, I may even do some exercise...!!!

.


No comments:

Post a Comment