Saturday 17 March 2012

Day 24 - How to make your Dad smile and your Mum not!

Yummy Yummy (not) in my tummy!!!
Woke up to a cooked breakfast this morning!  Luke and Harry had made me grey scrambled eggs with two rice crackers and tomato ketchup all over it, a big glass of orange juice and a daffodil.  I was feeling rather nauseous anyway and this clearly didn't help... bless them and it isn't Mother's Day till tomorrow.

I wonder what delights I will encounter then!   Looks a little bit like very large boobs.....

Spent my day finishing the order for a Wedding Memory  Box and two wee Rocking Chairs.





SO...

Table set with cream cheese and smoked salmon bread rolls and a selection of fabulous Portuguese Mini Cakes (from you know where) and we were ready for our announcement.  Kids washed and dressed and they arrived, Mum, Dad, Robin, Rachel, Eloise and Jack.  At the appropriate moment we told Mum and Dad that they were going to be Great-Grandparents!!! You then should have seen the look on Mum's face, that was when a camera was needed most!  Bless her, we could have set her off but I quickly counteracted my statement with the following ....
Being over 16, she needed her own documents
As I am a "Gevell" at heart
the children will always be "Routt's" at heart
This was their choice!
So, we have now doubled the chances of keeping the Gevell name going.  The house was full of Gevell's!!!

It was a lovely moment and we all had a group hug! If I could have bottled those few minutes I would have done!  

Jim was official signatory - turned up in perfect time and the family couldn't think of anyone better to sign such an important document xxx Thanks Jim 

It goes without saying that our American family are and always will be our family, they are very dear to us and although we don't get to see them often, they are always in our hearts.  We love you all.

For anyone who is worried.. NO SAVANNAH IS NOT PREGNANT!!!!

P.S.  This is the cake that Mum thought she needed to write down when she saw it at the restaurant they had lunch in today, I think that she is trying to torment me....

Tuck Shop Ice Cream Cake

Chocolate brownie base with layers of chocolate flavour mousse and clotted cream flavour ice-cream, topped with mini chocolate rolls, chocolate fingers and chocolate orange sponge cake - served with cream and chocolate sauce!!!

THIS WILL BE MINE IN JUST 6 DAYS!!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment